Come Join Us For Our Fair Days: August 3rd to 6th 2023
Northern Maine Fair Association HOT AIR BALLOON LAUNCH POLICY 2023
Hot Air Balloons pilots launching from the Northern Maine Fairgrounds during the Crown of Maine Balloon Festival, Thursday, August 24th – Sunday, August 27th, 2023, must provide the Northern Maine Fair Association with a certificate of liability insurance that meets the following criteria. The limit of liability needs to be at least $1,000,000 each occurrence with a $2,000,000 aggregate limit, with the Northern Maine Fair Association named as “additional insured”. The dates of the balloon festival need to be listed in the Description of Operation section of the certificate. Any exceptions to these limits must be approved by the Fair’s insurance provider.
Outside of the Crown of Maine Balloon Festival dates, Hot Air Balloon pilots are not permitted to launch from the Northern Maine Fairgrounds without permission from the Association. To request permission, please contact fair president, Lynwood Winslow at 207-227-4690, or by email at:
Insurance Certificates must be received by the Northern Maine Fair Association, prior to the date of launch and cover the period of dates for which pilots intend to launch.
Lynwood Winslow, President
Send Insurance Certificates to:
Northern Maine Fair Association
PO Box 804, Presque Isle, ME 04769 Email:
1. Any organized Homemaker Extension group may enter one display. Additional non-competitive exhibits may also be displayed by Aroostook County Homemakers Extension (ACHE).
2. Entries should address the theme selected by ACHE. The theme must be displayed in each exhibit exactly as stated.
3. A list of criteria for judging purposes may be obtained from the Cooperative Extension office.
4. All items will be exhibited at the owner’s risk.
5. The displays will be limited in size to one unit of the semi-partitioned table area in the Exhibition Hall.
Approximate dimensions: 4 ft. wide table - 3 ft. deep with a 3 in. apron around the front; backing - 5 ft. 8 in.
6. The contents will be determined by the individual groups but shall not include crepe paper backdrops or
streamer, cut greenery out of water, or excessive use of flammable material of any kind. All canned goods that
are displayed must be processed according to USDA guidelines.
7. A list of items displayed shall be submitted to the superintendent.
8. Exhibits must be in place between 10am-12 PM on Thursday, August 3rd prior to the start of the fair, and may
be removed after 5pm on Sunday, August 6th.
9. Judges will be persons invited to donate their time to ACHE and they will be selected at the suggestion of the
ACHE’s Fair Committee member. The decision of the judges will be considered fair, impartial, and final.
10. Enter through the Judd Street Gate for easy access to the Ag Exhibition Building.
AROOSTOOK COUNTY HOMEMAKERS EXTENSION Article 1st 2nd 3rd 001 $100 $75 $50
4th 5th 6th 7th $50 $50 $50 $50
Northern Maine Agricultural Fair – Demolition Derby Sponsored by Katahdin Trust Company & Katahdin Financial Services
IN FRONT OF THE GRANDSTAND Sunday, August 6, 2023 — 4:00PM
20 Car Limit
1st Prize - $1,000 2nd Prize - $700 3rd Prize - $500
Every contestant that makes the grand finale receives a $50.00 award.
There will be a “Prettiest Car” contest. The track officials will pick the vehicles, the crowd will vote, the Northern Maine Agricultural Fair will present $100.00 for 1st place, and $50.00 for 2nd place, $40.00 for 3rd place and $30.00 for 4th place.
Rules and Regulations:
Each driver must be 18 years old or older, and fill out an entry form. Limit 2 cars per driver.
All rules and regulations must be observed or will result in disqualification. Derby officials reserve the right to approve or reject any
and all entries.
Only owners, drivers, and mechanics will be permitted in the pit area or on the track. NO EXCEPTIONS!
NO ALCOHOLIC beverages are allowed. Any owners, drivers or pit crew caught drinking will result in automatic disqualification of car.
Any unsportsmanlike behavior may result in disqualification. NO OBSCENITIES MAY BE DISPLAYED ON CARS! Front doors must be
kept clean for car numbers ONLY!
Tires must be stock size and filled with air only. Antifreeze must be removed and replaced with water. SUBJECT TO INSPECTION BY
All cars will be inspected prior to the derby for all rules and regulations.
ENTER EARLY! All drivers and cars must be entered and at the track 1 1/2 hours before the scheduled start time of the derby.
There will be no gate charge for drivers. There will be a $25.00 registration fee for each car entered in the derby.
Any American or Canadian made stock hardtop auto, station wagon or mini van is allowed. No trucks, Jeeps, Chrysler Imperials, commercial vehicles,
or hearses, etc., will be allowed.
All glass and chrome trim and anything that might become imbedded in the track must be removed from the car before bringing it on the fairgrounds.
Remove back seats, headliner, rugs, and clean out the trunk. Don’t leave broken glass in the doors. They must be cleaned out. Call on windshield
A maximum of five gallons of gasoline will be allowed. Stock gas tanks secured in right hand back seat area only. Safely tie down gas tank with metal
straps. (Recommend 5 gallon boat tank – not required.) Cars that must have electric fuel pumps need to have a shut off toggle switch mounted on the
dash on the left side of the driver and so marked or labeled.
Steel reinforcements will be allowed on front doors only. Reinforcements should not protrude more than 3 inches from door and should not extend
more than 6 inches on hinge or jam side of door. Roll cage for driver’s allowed. Cannot have forward or rear supports. Trailer hitches must be
Seat belts and helmets are required. All doors must be welded at least 8 inches top or bottom on each end of each door. You may chain doors
through each door and around the post. ALL DOORS – BOTH ENDS! Helmets must have a chin strap and must be secured. Drivers must wear
boots, gloves, shirts, and pants. NO shorts or sneakers are allowed!
Drivers must maneuver forward or backward. No deliberate head-on collisions or deliberately ramming driver’s door. This can lead to disqualification.
A time limit will be set by judges. If a driver does not hit a live car within the time limit, this can lead to disqualification. DO NOT PLAY POSSUM.
If hood is welded, it must have 24 X 36 inch hole in center. If trunk is welded, it must have a 24 X 36 inch hole in center. If not welded, Drivers must
use chain or wire to fasten shut for easy access in case of fire. NO reinforcements of any kind under the carriage!
All derby vehicles must be removed from grounds by the owner at the end of the derby. This is your responsibility, so make arrangements before
10. The Derby will be comprised of 5 individual heats and a “Free For All” for the first 10 cars repaired and back in line within the time set by the officials.
Then a “Grande Finale” with cash prizes. The Finale will be comprised of the winners of each heat. RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO FIT
11. Additional safety regulations may be imposed depending on the condition of the track and derby area. A drivers and pit crew meeting will be held
before the derby for additional announcements and heat assignments.
12. Car numbers will be assigned when registration is received. Derby officials will attach a metal sign with vehicle # to the roof of all derby vehicles,
please do not put a # on the sides of vehicle until you have a # assigned to you.
13. DECISION OF THE JUDGES IS FINAL.
14. THE Northern Maine Agricultural Fair ASSOCIATION ASSUMES NO PERSONAL LIABILITY!
15. NEW! There must be a bar or chain welded or bolted to the top of the roof and top of the dash area, in the center of the windshield.